New tourism opportunities in Arcadia Valley have led to increased interest in Tourist Homes (Vacation Rentals) in Ironton. The City is working with Tourist Home property owners to make Arcadia Valley a welcoming tourist destination.
Following are some tips for property owners:
1. Know the zoning classification of your property. The Ironton Zoning Map can be found online at:
2. Know the zoning regulations for your property. The Ironton Municipal Code can be found online from the City’s website:
Zoning regulations can be found in Title IV Land Use, Chapter 402.
3. With 1 exception, Tourist Homes require a Special Use Permit. Special Use Regulations can be found in Section 402.170 of the Ironton Municipal Code. The Special Use Permit application process can be found in Section 402.200 (Amendments) of the Ironton Municipal Code.
4. Properties that are zoned R-2, C-1, or C-2, that are located on an officially designated state highway, do not require a Special Use Permit. (Ironton Municipal Code, Section 402.060.A.1.f.)
5. A $400.00 fee must accompany Special Use Permit applications. (Ironton Municipal Code, Section 155.010)
6. Special Use Permits must be renewed annually. There is no renewal fee.
7. Owners of Tourist Homes are required to obtain an Ironton business license. Business license regulations and fees can be found in Chapter 605 of the Ironton Municipal Code.
8. Business licenses must be renewed annually. There is a renewal fee.